- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Egg wash
- Herbs de Provence
- Black pepper
Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 10-oz bag frozen peas and carrots, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out puff pastry a to 10 x 14 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut half into sticks and the other half into squares. Set aside in fridge.
- Add butter and bacon, to a small Dutch oven. Turn heat to medium low and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups chicken. Then sprinkle over flour. Stir to coat.
- Add the chicken broth, stir, and bring to a slow simmer.
- Add the half and half and Herbs de Provence. Simmer on medium low, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with Herbs de Provence and black pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Add the peas and carrots to the. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the pastry pieces.
If the soup gets too thick, add in another splash of broth, water, or half and half.
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW